While you have the legal right to represent yourself in court in the states of Missouri or Kansas, representing yourself in a personal injury case can be a daunting task fraught with perils. If you have suffered injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence, you can choose to have representation so that your legal rights always remain protected.
Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
There are many reasons to hire a personal injury attorney after you have suffered an injury or losses due to someone else’s negligence. The following are the most important reasons to have legal representation in your personal injury case.
- Personal injury attorneys can preserve valuable evidence early in a case before it can be destroyed or lost.
- Personal injury attorneys can do the initial, vital investigation to determine every liable defendant.
- Insurance companies may use unscrupulous and manipulative tactics in order to have victims accept lower settlement offers than they deserve.
- Insurance companies may try to record conversations in an attempt to use something a victim says against them at a later time to offer a low settlement.
- Insurance companies often attempt to seek medical records for years before the injury to search for preexisting medical conditions and to claim that the victim’s injuries existed prior to the accident.
- Insurance companies attempt to get injured people to sign a release of claims without explaining that they will not receive additional money after they sign the release form.
- Personal injury attorneys have experience calculating lost wages and pain and suffering amounts, which can prove to be complex calculations.
- People who have legal representation often have higher settlement offers because the insurance company knows that they are dealing with a qualified professional who understands their manipulative tactics as well as what the claim is actually truly worth.
- Hiring an attorney means you will not miss any important deadlines and that all documentation will be filed appropriately with the court.
- Having a personal injury attorney represent you will make it less likely for your case to drag out for years.
- Personal injury attorneys are aware of how much settlement offers should total for a victim’s particular accident and personal injury case.
- Having legal representation will ensure that the victim will always receive proper legal advice regarding their personal injury case.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
If you suffered injuries or losses due to someone else’s negligence in the states of Kansas or Missouri, we can help you build a strong personal injury case, make sure all paperwork is filed correctly with the court if necessary, negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies, conduct an independent investigation, help determine negligence, and help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney at Griggs Injury Law at (816) 474-0202 for help with your personal injury case today.