The Experienced Legal Judgment
You Want In Difficult Injury Cases
When it comes to brain injuries, spinal injuries and dram shop cases, Annette Griggs and the Griggs Injury Law firm utilizes over 17 years of experience to fight for their clients and in a personal, professional manner.
Name of Scholarship: Griggs Injury Law Brain Injury Educational Scholarship
Purpose: Griggs Injury Law Brain Injury Educational Scholarship was established to assist survivors of brain injury in Western Missouri and Kansas counties of Johnson and Wyandotte in pursing post-secondary education, either at a university, college, trade school, vocational school or other recognized educational institution.
Award Amount: The Griggs Injury Law Educational Scholarships will award a total of $1500 annually in two (2) $750 scholarships to support post-secondary education.
Deadline for Application: September 15th of each year.
- Must be an Undergraduate Student
- Must Attend a university, four-year college, two-year college, trade school, vocational-tech school
- Citizenship Requirements: United States or Green Card holder for at least 5 years;
- Residence: Live in Western Missouri (Jackson, Cass, Clay, Bates, Johnson, Lafayette, Henry, Platte, Buchanan, Holt, Atchison, Clinton, Ray, Vernon, Barton, Jasper, Newton) or Kansas Counties of Johnson and Wyandotte
- Be a survivor of a brain injury
- Scholarship funding can only be used for expenses directly related to post-secondary education. Allowable expenses include tuition, room and board, books and required class materials
- The scholarship payment will be sent directly to the educational institution
- A 500-word essay
- Essay will consist of how and when brain injury occurred, challenges that have resulted, successes and long-term goals, educational plans and how the scholarship will assist in reaching your educational goals.
- 2 letters of Reference
- From individuals familiar with applicant’s abilities and education/training goals such as teachers, therapists, counselors or employers.
- Acceptance Verification from a recognized Educational Institute, and
- Application: Complete online or by downloading PDF and Submit application to:
Brain Injury Association of Missouri, Inc.
2265 Schuetz Road
Saint Louis, MO 63146-3409
Fax: 314.426.3290 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: http://braininjuryassociationofmissouri.formstack.com/forms/scholarship_application or download application
Scholarships Administered By: The Brain Injury Association of Missouri, 2265 Schuetz Road, Saint Louis, MO 63146-3409
Award Luncheon: Recipients will be required to attend and be recognized at the BIA-MO Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon held in conjunction with the Annual Conference Survivor and Family Seminar of each year.
- 2019: October 3 – 5, 2019 – Marriott St. Louis West Chesterfield, MO